The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization which encourages the informed and active participation in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any political candidate or party.
Established in 1920, the League of Women Voters is a highly respected organization that researches issues from many points of view and takes action on issues affecting our families and communities. Our members are men and women who want to make a difference.
In Your Community:
- Improving the quality of education
- Monitoring the balance between civil liberties and homeland security
- Working to ensure ALL eligible people can vote
- Encouraging active participation of citizens in government
- Increasing camaraderie and community spirit
- Researching issues
- Facilitating community dialogues
- Creating change
To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we use funds from the League of Women Voters Education Fund, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit educational organization. The League of Women Voters, a membership organization, conducts action and advocacy and is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation.
The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process
- studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner
- enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.
The League is working for voters year-round! League members work to register, educate and inform voters on the issues that affect them.