Why Should I Join...
As a league member you can:
- help community members become informed and engaged voters
- create a safe non-partisan space for effective problem solving
- gain new knowledge and timely insights about critical public policy issues
- hone effective advocacy skills
- nurture our next generation of young voters
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to anyone over the age of 16 with an interest in our mission to create an informed and engaged public and to making democracy work. Discounted membership fees are offered to our student members (16-24 years old only).
How Much Time Does It Take?
It's up to you! Members have a variety of opportunities to plan and participate in forums, projects, and voter outreach activities in local communities and across the state. In addition, your membership gives us the collective voice to be effective advocates for public policies that improve lives for everyone in our state.
What Do I Get?
You automatically become a member of LWV Tennessee and LWV of the United States. You will receive timely updates throughout the year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
How Do I Join?
- There are local league chapters in counties throughout the state, and if not you can join at the state level. Click here to join the League in Tennessee. Your state membership is included with local league membership.
- Questions? Please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
We also welcome donations from individuals who are not currently choosing to join LWV.